Why Installing a Home Security System is Essential?
Only 15% of U.S homes age a home security system, despite the peace of mind and protection they offer agains burglary, fire and carbon monoxide poisoning. If you don’t currently have a monitored home security system, statistics show why it’s a good idea to have one installed.
The Threat Of Property Crime
- Homes With an Alarm System are 3 times LESS likely to be burglarized than homes without an alarm system.
- In 2013 there were an estimated 8.9 million property crimes.
- Victims of property crime suffered an average loss of $1,741.57.
- During a 2 minute commercial break, 8 homes are burglarized in America.
- There are only 3.4 law enforcement employees for every 1,000 inhabitants.
- Nearly 66% of break ins are residential
Fire. The Hidden Danger.
- On an average 7 people die daily in the U.S due to home fires.
- 60% of all home fire deaths occur in homes without a smoke alarm.
- From 2007-2011, residential fires resulted in an average of 2,750 civilian deaths and 13,210 civilian injuries PER YEAR.
- 25% of home fire deaths resulted from fire that started in the bedroom, 24% originated from a living room, 16% originated from a kitchen.
- Half of home fire deaths were reported between the hours of 11 Pm and 7 Am.
- An Estimated 366,600 homes suffered $7.2 Billion in property damage.