If a low battery is detected, the transmitter sends a low battery message to the control panel, which beeps and displays the detector’s zone number. In addition, the red LED of the will blink every 45 seconds and the test switch will be disabled.
BATTERY REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Battery: CR123A 3-volt Lithium
- Put your alarm system into TEST mode (typically by entering your user code plus the number 5 [TEST] plus the number 0 on the touchpad). The alarm sounder will sound momentarily. While the alarm system is in the TEST mode, the touchpad will beep about every 30 seconds.
- Open the detector by pressing on finger tab on the bottom of the detector.
- Remove existing battery by carefully lifting it out with a small screwdriver.
- Observe correct polarity and install a new CR123A Lithium battery. Take care not to bend the antenna. Wait at least 30 seconds before installing the new battery.
- To replace the cover,engage the hooks along one edge and snap shut.
- Allow the motion detector to re-set by leaving the room for at least 4 minutes; then walk past the detector to activate it. The touchpad will beep 3 times confirming reception.
- Exit the alarm system TEST mode by entering your user code plus the number 1 (OFF). Enter your user code plus the number 1 (OFF) again. The low battery message should disappear.
Should you need further help please contact us at 800-408-4140.