5800CO Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector with Built‐In Wireless Transmitter
BATTERY REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Put your alarm system into TEST mode (typically by entering your user code plus the number 5 [TEST] plus the number 0 on the touchpad). The alarm sounder will sound momentarily. While the alarm system is in the TEST mode, the touchpad will beep about every 30 seconds.
- Remove the detector from its mounting base by twisting the detector counterclockwise. Remove the battery and dispose of properly.
- Wait at least 30 seconds before installing the new battery.
- Install a new CR123A Lithium battery in the battery compartment. Follow the polarity diagram inside the compartment.
- Reinstall the detector onto the mounting base by turning the detector clockwise.
- The green LED should blink about once every 10 seconds to indicate normal operation. If the battery is not installed correctly, the detector will not operate and the battery may be damaged. If the detector does not appear to be sending a signal during any of the tests, check for correct battery installation and for a fully charged battery.
- Exit the alarm system TEST mode by entering your user code plus the number 1 (OFF). Enter your user code plus the number 1 (OFF) again. The low battery message should disappear.